The Woodruff Institute for Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery is thrilled to offer you a variety of services for all your dermatology needs this season!
1. Prep for the holidays with Botox & Dysport You laugh, you frown, and you concentrate. Over time, those expressions leave their mark upon your face. Wrinkles around the eyes (“crow’s feet”), between the eyebrows (“glabellar frown lines”), and across the forehead occur because of contractions of underlying facial muscles. Botox & Dysport are simple injections that can dramatically reduce these wrinkles by blocking the nerve to muscle communication. The price varies from $325 to $975, and final results may take a week or two to take effect.
Santa notes: Guys want to look great too! Gift certificates make a great stocking stuffer.
2. Get Your Lips Mistletoe Ready with Restylane Silk Filler treatments, such as Restylane Silk, work by adding volume to the skin and other facial structures into which it is injected. The hyaluronic acid in the formula is present in the body in nearly identical form already, so Restylane Silk is completely biocompatible with the tissue that it is meant to supplement. The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you get older. This often results in lip thinning, lost shape and an increase in vertical lines above the lip. Restylane Silk is designed specifically to provide natural-looking results.
From now through December 31, 2017 we are offering $100 off 1 syringe of Restylane -or- $200 off 2 syringes of Restylane when combined with 1 treatment of Dysport. Hurry… while supplies last!
3. Lose Leftovers from Thanksgiving… Delete a Double Chin with Kybella! Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin.” This common yet undertreated aesthetic facial condition can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance- leading to an older and heavier look. Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men, and can be caused by aging, genetics and/or weight gain. Kybella is administered by injections into the fat under the chin, which sting a little. Each in-office treatment session is typically 15-20 minutes.
Treatment with Kybella is customized by the physician to the patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
4. Look Like a Star with Laser Treatments If you are looking to rejuvenate your facial appearance with little or no downtime, lasers offer some of the most advanced treatment options. Our top priority is providing our patients with the most safe and effective treatments available. We provide the most advanced laser treatments available for medical skin conditions and cosmetic desires. Laser treatments can improve fine lines or wrinkles, scars, aged or sun-damaged skin, brown spots and remove hair.
5. Best Treatments for Eczema at Christmastime Eczema (or atopic dermatitis) is a common, itchy skin rash that can form in small or widespread patches anywhere on the body. Scratching worsens the condition, causing redness, swelling, cracking, crusting, and “weeping” of clear fluid. Our doctors not only treat acute symptoms to help heal skin and provide relief, but also counsel you on specific lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of future outbreaks. There are many topical and oral medications that can be effective in treating everything from mild to severe eczema. Occasionally narrow band ultraviolet phototherapy is required, as are antibiotics. For severe, stubborn eczema, some of the newer biologic agents used to treat psoriasis can be effective.
6. Let our Elves Add Volume to Your Cheeks Juvederm Voluma XC adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. Juvederm Voluma XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
Mrs. Claus reported looking up to, “5 years younger after treatment with Juvederm Voluma!”
7. Get into Shape Before Christmas with JuVaShape The JuVaShape Laser System is a state-of-the-art skin treatment regimen designed to help smooth wrinkles and tighten desired areas of skin. The procedure is very safe and can be great for improving skin tone and restoring a youthful appearance. Over the course of a few treatments, JuvaShape uses heat and constant motion to melt fat and tighten skin. As a non-invasive procedure, the JuVaShape laser is relatively pain-free. During the procedure, our certified technicians will gently sweep the laser across the skin, typically resulting in a warm and soothing sensation similar to that of a hot stone massage. Immediately following treatment, patients are generally cleared to resume their daily routines… so back to Christmas shopping you can go!
8. Acne Products for Your Christmas List Acne is a condition of the skin where the pilosebaceous unit (or “pores”) become clogged, eventually developing into whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and deeper nodules and cysts. Acne most often involves the face, neck, chest, back. Acne is not only limited to teenage years, but can be a common and often frustrating problem in adulthood as well. Acne can result in scars which can also be quite bothersome. There are many treatments for acne, including prescription topical creams, oral antibiotics, birth control pills or other hormonal medications, chemical peels, laser treatments. Often, a combination of treatment methods will be used to achieve the best results.
Some of our favorite acne products are from the SkinCeuticals line, and include: LHA Cleansing Gel, LHA Solution (Toner), Blemish & Age Defense, Hydrating B5 Gel, and Phyto Corrective Mask. Purchase online here. Available for purchase online.
9. Winter Hair Loss… Wait, What? Winter hair loss is considered significant hair shedding from the beginning of November until the middle of January. This “seasonal hair loss” can be dramatic, but there is a new remedy called Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. PRP is used to treat thinning hair and hair loss, particularly female and male pattern baldness. In the last 20 years we have learned that when activated in the body, platelets release healing proteins called growth factors which can help stimulate the activity of the hair follicles and promote new hair growth. A nurse will take your blood (like a normal blood test). The blood is then spun in a centrifuge to isolate the PRP which contains a large concentration of growth factors and platelets integral to healing and regeneration. The area to be treated is washed and local anesthetic cream is applied. The PRP is then injected directly into the area to be treated. This process takes approximately 45-60 minutes. Click here to learn more.
10. Sclerotherapy… Santa’s Little Helper Sclerotherapy is an effective way to remove the superficial, thin red to purple blood vessels often found on the thighs and legs. Also known as spider veins, they are sometimes the result of venous backflow and may be connected to large soft tortuous varicose veins. In sclerotherapy, medication is injected into the unwanted vein to cause it to close. The medication displaces the blood, causes the vein to appear lighter and irritates the lining, causing it to collapse. The procedure isn’t painful, but the individual injections can cause a slight burning sensation that lasts a few seconds. You might experience bruising and the injection site could be tender for a day or so. Your legs will look worse before they look better. But, you’ll see significant improvement in about a month. Some veins require retreatment, and new varicose or spider veins may form. Click here to learn more.
11. Sparkle This Christmas with Collagen P.I.N. Microneedling Collagen P.I.N. is the next step in the scientific evolution of aesthetics. Collagen P.I.N. activates cellular regeneration to help tighten and lift skin, while minimizing common skin problems such as acne scars, fine lines, photo-aging, dull skin, poor texture, stretch marks and body scars. Incredible results without the pain and downtime.
12. Best Present Ever! Botox for the Treatment of Excessive Sweating Botox is a very effective treatment for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) in areas like the armpits, palms of the hands, soles of the feet, and scalp. When Botox is injected into the skin, the treatment affects the signal between the nerve endings and the sweat glands in the skin. It blocks the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, a chemical our nerve cells make to communicate with each other, and this disrupts the message sent from the nerve endings to stimulate the production of sweat. Click here to watch a video of our patient who underwent this in-office treatment with Dr. Kathryn Russell.